Thursday, March 25, 2010

Duathlon - raw power

Last weekend Paige and I took part in a Duathlon. A duathlon is a race where you cycle and run. We were in the 10 and under age group.

We started with a cycle. It was a 5km cycle. I was about 5th out the gate, but I was on the tail of the leaders until the downhill and then I overtook them.

Then Tamtyn Hawley and I pushed neck-a-neck right to the change-over. We opened a big gap and those chasing us were not even in sight.

The run was hard and Tammy's legs were long, but I managed to hang in there and we had a "photo-finish".

Paige did really well too - as she came in third. Paige just chows boys for breakfast.

The event was organised by IBFAN-SINAN - which promotes breast-feeding of babies. I was interviewed by a lady for TV. I told her I was breast-fed for a while, but that according to my dad, I stopped wanting it and the only thing I would drink was Energade. I drank Energade instead of milk until I was 3 years old...but breast is best!

No comments:

Post a Comment