Wednesday, June 10, 2009

KZN - hippo's, sharks & adventure racing


Last month whilst my Dad was at the Indaba Travel Trade Show, Paige (my sister) and me got go along and we had plenty fun.

First we got dropped in St Lucia, which is on the KZN coast. Granny and Grandad where there and we stayed with them. They took us to the crocodile farm and on a boat ride on the estuary. We saw plenty crocs and hippo's.

Then when we got to Durban, we went to the Sharks Board at Umhlanga Rocks. We saw a shark get dissected (cut-up). That was cooooool.

Then on the weekend was the BEST! One of my Dad's friend's George was organising an adventure race for kids. We entered as a family, all four of us and we were the 3rd team and 4th overall home in the green route. First we ran to find the checkpoints... just a few kilometres, maybe 3-4km, then we cycled about 10km to get the rest. There were so many kids there - it was brilliant. I want to do another race like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment