Friday, June 25, 2010

Interhouse School Cross Country Run

I start slowly and keep a steady pace when I run. That is my strategy. A lot of boys run too fast at the beginning and then get tired.


I had a good run at our school cross-country. I came 3rd overall, two boys Grenwa and Makhosi - who are in grade 4 beat me. I beat my friend Liam in a sprint finish. He came forth.

I didn't use to like running because my chest used to hurt, but I'm no longer worried about that. I can run now.

My sister Paige also did well - she came first out of all the junior girls and she is only in Grade 2. Next year I'll be running in the Junior Race for the last time, then we move to senior level.


When Liam and I hit the final sprint I turned and saw that I had a small lead over him.
I gave it all I had for the last 70m to the line.

Liam is a faster sprinter than me and he came up right next to me, but I made sure he didn't come past.

No comments:

Post a Comment